Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 401

If there are an infinite number ... from beginning to end, then...Begin The End.


   Those three ellipses encapsulate my 401 days since I started seriously applying myself to the craft of novel writing. It seems that the publisher does not want more. I am in a rut. There is no more of the old stuff. 

   Creating is a strange work to be in. It requires lots of sheep + goat cheese and red wine. It requires lots of carbs.

   New stuff needs a new locution. That is, in my protagonist's case, a new way of speaking. I'll find it somewhere.

   The novice novel writer needs a new end. THE GREAT END. Not to this book. No. That has been made sacrosanct by my character, my ethics, my devotion to his truth. He must be freshly made whole and tummy-full. 


On Day 401, I am recommitted to this novel to...The End.



No comments:

Post a Comment